From Green Party Watch, February 11th, 2016:
This is a partial list of Green Party state-level presidential nominating events. This list will be updated when possible, and all available results will be posted on Green Party Watch.
- Arizona: Primary (March 22)
- California: Primary (June 7)
- Colorado: State party meeting (April 3)
- Delaware: Convention (May)
- District of Columbia: Primary (June 14)
- Illinois: Online voting (Jan. 25-Feb. 14), Primary (March 15)
- Maine: Primary (June 14)
- Massachusetts: Primary (March 1)
- Minnesota: Caucus (March 1)
- Nebraska: Convention (TBD)
- New York: Convention (June 11)
- Ohio: Primary (March 15), Convention (April 3)
- Texas: Convention (April 9-10)
The Green Party of the United States has recognized five presidential candidates: Darryl Cherney, Bill Kreml, Kent Mesplay, Sedinam Kinamo Christin Moyowasifza-Curry, and Jill Stein. States have different standards for listing candidates in their primaries, so not all candidates will be on all primary ballots.The nominees for president and vice president will be selected at the Green National Convention in Houston, August 4-7.
About Green Party Watch:
Green Party Watch was created to provide a “daily dose of Green Party News &Views”. No website appeared to be doing what we wanted to see, so we created “…the change you want to see in the world…”.
The Green Party is an International Movement going back over 30 years. It has had a roller coaster ride in the U.S., but one thing is for sure – media coverage of the Green Party in the United States is barely noticeable at all.
Green Party Watch intends to change that. We intend to report what is happening with the Green Party in America from the Presidential Campaign to the local level.
Green Party Watch Editorial Team:
- Ronald Kane Hardy, Co-founder & Owner
- Gregg Jocoy, Co-founder & Editor
- David Schwab, Editor & Correspondent
- Walter Pituc, Editor & Correspondent